Maine Girls Growing Up

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My Poem

alivias siggy.jpg
The Wind   



      I saw you toss the kites on high 

        And blow the birds about the sky;

        And all around I heard you pass,

        Like ladies' skirts across the grass-

        O wind, a-blowing all day long, 
        O wind, that sings so loud a song!
         
    
  
        I saw the different things you did,

        But always you yourself you hid.
      
        I felt you push, I heard you call,

        I could not see yourself at all-
     
        O wind, a-blowing all day long,
        O wind, that sings so loud a song!



          
        O you that are so strong and cold,

        O blower, are you young or old?

        Are you a beast of field and tree,

        Or just a stronger child than me?

        O wind, a-blowing all day long,
        O wind, that sings so loud a song?

      

      
                   Robert Louis Stevenson




    
         

   
        

    







                          

No comments:

Post a Comment